Thursday, July 8, 2010

280, and it all begins again...

Wow, been a while, huh? Me too.

It's starting back up again. Down to 280 from a high of 292 or so. I'm not going to blather on about new-found motivation or insight-this or awareness-that. It's all the same, and you can see heart-felt insights of mine all throughout this blog. What I will say is this: it is very important to keep people in your life who care about what they eat. I've missed that. And I now appreciate its importance even more.

Interesting: as I type this, a person I recently ended a relationship with just replied to a question I posted on Facebook about whether or not to eat a deep-fried samosa at a dinner I'm going to tonight. Her reply: "mmmm samosa.....i am going to be worse....steak...." So I guess that's a taste of it (pardon the pun). It's hard to get better when people in your life don't really care about themselves. It's not the reason I stopped seeing her, but it probably contributed.

Anyways, I'm going to try and keep a food diary. Here's today (so far).

06/08/10

Breakfast: Black grapes and a banana.

Snack: 10-ish black-bean tortilla chips and 2 tbsp Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese.

Lunch: 12oz MetRX-based banana/blueberry smoothie with added orange laxative fiber.

Dinner: 2 fried vegetarian samosa, 1 cup cooked Basmati rice, a fried papadum, some daal and 1/2 a naan.

Exercise: Walked to bus stop in 95+f heat (6 blocks). Walked to restaruant (2 blocks). After dinner (where I ate slightly more than intended), walked the entire way home (16 blocks).

Other snacks: A bit more smoothie, cheese popcorn, and a couppla oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment